Government of Balochistan has allocated Rs 1 Billion to PDMA to meet the food requirements specially covering livestock sector and food packages for the affectees of drought in the province. More »
Organized by National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), Pakistan and Provincial Disaster Management Authority (PDMA), Balochistan. More »
Scoping Workshop on Hazard & Risk Assessment of Quetta More »
Due to unstable weather conditions and significant monsoon rains there would be risk of flash flooding in the local streams and nullahs of Eastern Balochistan during next 3 days. People living in low lying areas along the streams and nullahs are advised to remain careful during next 3 days.
On 19 July 2015 at 4:00 PM heavy rainfall & windstorm created the flood situation in District Zhob damaging flood protection bunds, electric poles, roads, uprooting trees, etc. Also caused breaches at various locations to the protection bunds of Killing Hassanzai & Inaam Ghundi. Further various bridges on DI Khan & Mir Ali Khel road damaged /washes away. Electricity lines of Takai & Hassanzai area fell down/ poles broken. The greater pipelines broken at various reaches from Salyaza & Kapip to Zhob City.
Further the losses of properties (Four rooms and protection Wall) occurred due to flood water, reportedly, the cows, one motorcycle and one vehicle of DC Sherani damaged completely. The most flood hit area include Kharotabad, Ganj Mohallah, Islamyar Mohallah, Pani Taqseem and Sherani Bazar, Viala, Takai, Sui Sheikhan, Baber Lakaband etc. No loss of life reported sofar except one injured namly Mr. Ghazi Khan. The official vehicle of DC Sherani has been taken away by salyaza river who alongwith his guards have been recovered from sabaza road near Zhob river. One body guard seriously injured while the remaining including DC Sherani are safe & sound.
In District Kholu 3 children are death and 6 injured due to heavy rainfall yesterday when wall collapsed.
In District Dera Bugti heavy rainfall reported complete damages report awaited.
All concerned authorities are advised to take precautionary measure.
Using local, regional and global data sets up to April, a Preliminary Monsoon 2015 Outlook for Pakistan is prepared for June-July-August. Its salient features are given below:
- Pre-Monsoon showers are expected during second fortnight of June and monsoon will attain its normal rhythm gradually toward the end of July.
- In general, 2015 monsoon is expected weaker than normal, therefore less than normal rain is foreseen during June-August.
- Monsoon rains will mainly concentrate in AJK, Northeast Punjab and upper KP embedded with extreme precipitation events sometimes exceeding 200mm per day.
- Models are indicating some heavy falls in catchment of Kabul River in Pakistan and Afghanistan due to interaction of westerlies and monsoon currents.
- Due to less cloudiness and relatively clearer skies in GB, glacier melt rate will be higher. A careful operation of dams will be required to avoid the synchronous peak flows.
- In Sindh and Balochistan, rainfall during the period is expected to remain much less than normal which may aggravate the drought conditions in Thar and Cholistan.
Pakistan Summer Monsoon (July-September) will be issued in June using data sets up to May.
Download the Rescue 1122 Bidding and Equipment Specification Documents.
- BD Ambulance New
- BD Motor Cycle NEw
- BD Rescue Equipment
- BD Rescue Truck New
- BD Water Bowser Truck NEW
- BD Rescue Equipments -Wireless Communication
In Arabian Sea, the persistence of clouds shows an area of convection with a potential of development of a cyclonic circulation over there. Sea surface temperatures and upper air analysis also point toward the development of a deep low pressure area. The numerical models are continuously indicating such cyclonic activity in Arabian Sea at a distance of 1600 km south of Pakistan coast in next couple of days.
Due to unexpected and heavy rains in Shah Noorani area of Tehsil Saroona district Khuzdar reportedly heavy Flood caused in local rivers/ Nullahs and water Channels. Dead bodies of 16 persons have been recovered. Deputy Commissioner Khuzdar along with staff of the Line departments and Rescue teams of Frontier Corps Balochistan has reached on spot and rescue activities are being undertaken.